- A herd of sheep dressed in white robes and hoods — they looked like four-legged clans members.
- A cow giving birth — her eyes actually looked like they were screaming. Then, I saw her eat something other than hay, straw, grass, oats, etc. Eww.
- Watched people ruin perfectly good vegetables by dipping them in fry batter and putting them into grease. I think it’s their way of justifying “getting their 3 servings of veggies per day.”
- Watched my daughter flinch when she read “Deep fried oreos”. But, stuff her face full of candy all afternoon we had bought in bulk just to save 10% on the cost.
- Lost sight of my daughter at least 7 times. She magically teleported herself back to us three minutes later each time. I’d like to know where the portal is that allows her to do this. There are some things in my life I’d like to go back and fix.
- A fake kitten that looked so real I actually had to lean over and touch it, just to see if it were breathing.
- Twisted or pinched something in my back, giving me instant buttock and leg spasms. Hobbled around for most of afternoon, cursing my daughter’s love of “all things horses”.
- Ate my weight in “food on a stick”.
- A parade float made entirely out of duct tape:
- A cow and its veterinarian made entirely from butter:
- A Harry Potter Sorting Hat and Magic Books Cake:
Oh the things we can see at the state fair!